Unsupported Screen Size: The viewport size is too small for the theme to render properly.

Drone Flight in Japan

A place where drone enthusiasts can call home

DRONESG Forums Drone Discussion Drone Flight in Japan

Tagged: , , ,

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Sally Yeo Sally Yeo 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Sally Yeo
    Sally Yeo
    Participant

Hi all ! Just checking if anyone knows how strict the drone laws are in Japan ? I’ll be heading to Hokkaido and Niseko soon over the festive year end season. I reckon those areas are going to be filled with potential scenic shots !

Also, I’m a little worried about the temperatures there and I’m wondering if my drone will freeze up in flight !

Would appreciate anyone who can advice !

Profile photo of YW
    YW
    Keymaster

Fortunately it is still relatively ok to fly in Japan. Similarly to Singapore, they do have regulations such as no flying in public parks and above crowds etc to name a few. Flying in the cities may not be possible but if you do travel further out away from the city, you will be able to find places where flight is allowed.

DJI has made it simple for users to know exactly where flight is allowed at the following link:

https://www.dji.com/mobile/flysafe/geo-map

I would still recommend doing a quick online search in the particular area that you are flying in as drone laws can often change quickly due to some *reckless* drone pilots getting up to no good and causing problems for the public.

Enjoy your trip and hope to see some footages shared here !

Profile photo of Sally Yeo
    Sally Yeo
    Participant

Thanks alot for that! it was very helpful! Cant wait to fly my drone there!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.